Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A little vintage road trip
















 Because I'm slightly mad I decided to go on a day trip today to Paeroa.  Now for starters that's a two hour drive in each direction  from where I live and cost me a sweet $70 in petrol!  Paeroa is this strange little town that got stuck in its own little time warp and made its way onto the map by inventing a soda drink called L&P (Lemon and Paeroa).  BUT one thing that it does have is a whole lot of antique shops on the main road!  It's kind of a vintage lovers heaven.  And that's why I was very, very naughty.  I ended up trying on three of the most fabulous 50s vintage dresses, and rather than picking just one of them... I had a moment of sever weakness and bought them all.  And then had this awful sick feeling in the pit of my stomach on the way home when I thought about how much money I had just spent and how I was ever going to be able to justify it!  That aside I actually had an incredibly nice day hanging out with myself.  I love driving through the New Zealand countryside, there are so many beautiful old farm houses and ramshackle sheds housing rusty vintage cars.  I even loved having lunch in one of the hideous little diner cafe's along the way where the decor hasn't changed since the 1970s.  The only thing I didn't love was being stuck in this random traffic jam in the middle of nowhere when I was absolutely busting to go to the toilet!
Ha ha too much information?!
Well I'm quite exhausted now so am going to finish my glass of wine, watch an episode of New Girl and head to bed.
xx

6 comments:

  1. I am not surprised that you bought all 3! They're gorgeous! Don't feel too bad about 3 new dresses, I realised just before while packing that I've acquired 7 new dresses on this trip! And they're all summery ones that will be relatively useless in Wellington. Whoops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Paeroa has never looked so good. Nice to do random road trips every now and then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome lady!! Gosh some cool stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG OMG OMG how heavenly!
    The best excuse for a road trip is vintage shopping,and what a lovely shop!And OH! Your scores!EEEEEEEEK!
    WTF,it's only money.....
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colours in these photos are amazing. I hope you bought both of those dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love all your pictures

    ReplyDelete