Sunday, September 9, 2012

Vintage textile fair 2012




First of all I apologise for the quality and lack of photos of the Vintage Textile Fair this year.  It was really crowded and there was awful lighting so alas this is all I got.  Did anybody else manage to make it?

As always as soon as I got off the elevator and stepped into the room I felt like I was going to completely loose it!  I never know which direction to turn in or what to look at first!  It's heaven I tell you, heaven!  There were frocks, shoes, hats, bags, fabrics and all sorts of other delicious vintage treats.  We wandered around for about an hour and a half... and then wandered around again in case we had missed anything.  The only difference this year is that I didn't go on a mad buying frenzy.  In fact I walked out empty handed (I know, what the hell right!).  You see here is the thing I realised being pregnant and all... none of these clothes are going to fit me anyway!  And of course I kept a really good eye out for kiddie clothes, but seeing as how I don't know whether this is a little guy or girl I couldn't really buy much for that either.  It didn't stop me from having an amazing time though.  It's basically like one big museum, except you're allowed to touch everything!

Anyway so as you can see I am still very enthusiastic about it.  The retro version is coming up in November and you better believe that I'm going to be showing up to that one too.
xx

5 comments:

  1. What a shame I didn't see you there! I too ran around like a mad woman not knowing where to begin, but in the end I only bought one pair of beads! It was fantastic but I didn't fall in love with anything enough to buy it. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my idea of heaven on earth. Would you believe we had been given "old blankets" for our pets (we have a LOT of pets) and I opened the bags, which have been sitting out in the weather for months and they were FULL of vintage pillow cases, lace curtains, embroidered tablecloths... I have only got through one bag, wash and dried it so far but to say I was STOKED was an underestimation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this looks like it was a wonderful event. Where and when is the retro fair, I would love to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks completely dreamy. I love that dress in the third photo. I wish we had events like that here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like so much fun! You know, I try to cover craft fair events whenever possible on my blog, so I'm there snapping tons of pics. But it really IS difficult to get good pictures sometimes! Especially of popular booths, which of course are usually ones I want pictures of. =)

    ReplyDelete