Saturday, February 22, 2014

In the mood for minimalism







I've always craved clutter.  In some odd way it has felt comforting to me, like a big disorganised security blanket.  I dragged things home from the junk shop, found quirky pieces on the roadside, spent late nights hovering over Trade Me and hoarding anything interesting that caught my eye.  Empty spaces made me shudder.  And then I became a mother!  All of a sudden all this STUFF made me feel claustrophobic.  It was just another surface to dust, another object to trip over in the middle of the night.  Maybe it has to do with all the chaos that you're suddenly knee deep in everyday and a great yearning for a little bit of tranquility.  Whatever it is my tastes and styles have been rapidly changing.  These days I crave open spaces, light, natural colours, lots of plants and flowers.  Nowhere am I wanting this more than in the bedroom. I don't know what it is about that room but I've never been able to quite get it the way I want.  It gets neglected.  We're terrible at putting our clothes away so they pile up high on the dresser.  Then we still have Ayana sleeping with us so there is an every growing collection of toys and baby books in the corner and it generally becomes a bit of a dumping ground for things that we quite frankly don't know what to do with!  So I want to change this once and for all.  I've been geeking out on Pinterest and found a ton of inspiration.  I'll let you know how I get on :).
xx
P.S for pre baby make over posts take a peek here, here, and here  


No comments:

Post a Comment